Secondhand. Fair to good condition. Significant wear to front cover, particularly at the top. Stains on front and back cover reflect the quality of the book covers. General wear to book edges. Interior of the book is good. Binding is still very good. The author has inscribed book inside page. Price reflects scarcity.
The East Murchison Goldfield was proclaimed on 28 June 1895 with the boundaries altered on 28 March 1902 and further amendments on 1 March 1907 to divide the goldfield into 3 districts: Lawler's, Wiluna and Black Range.
Black Range is the western most portion of East Murchison and included six main mining centres. Black Range township was declared in Dec 1903. Its Aboriginal name was Nungarra and is now a ghost town. (https://www.outbackfamilyhistory.com.au)
There is much debate over who was the first person to find gold in the Black Range area, but the first recognised registered find goes to Ernest Shillington in January 1895. (https://www.sandstone.wa.gov.au/the-gold-rush-era....)